Lonely Planet China (Travel Guide)
#1 best-selling guide to China*
Lonely Planet China is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Try dumplings in Beijing, visit the Great Wall or cruise down the Yangzi River; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of China and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet China:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - customs, history, art, religion, cinema, calligraphy, architecture, martial arts, landscapes, cuisine
- Free, convenient pull-out Beijing city map (included in print version), plus over 190 maps
- Covers Beijing, Tianjin, Shandong, Shanghai, Fujian, Jiangsu, Liaoning, Zhejiang, Jilin, Shanxi, Anhui, Jiangxi, Hunan, Hong Kong, Macau, Guangdong, Hainan, Sichuan, Xinjiang, Inner Mongolia, Tibet and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet China , our most comprehensive guide to China, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves. The world awaits!
Lonely Planet guides have won the TripAdvisor Traveler's Choice Award in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' -- Fairfax Media
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
- LONELY PLANET
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide China
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: China reveals the magnificence of China's greatest sights, including in-depth coverage of the Forbidden City and Terracotta Soldiers. The guide provides expert tips for visiting the Great Wall, cruising through the stunning Yangzi Three Gorges, and exploring the ultra-modern cities of Shanghai and Hong Kong.
Explore China's cultural heritage through richly illustrated features on everything from the Beijing Opera to Confucianism, calligraphy, and the cult of Mao.
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: China includes 3-D cutaway illustrations, floor plans, and reconstructions of the major architectural sights, plus maps of the key cities and towns. The best places to stay and eat have been provided by resident experts and recommendations on regional specialties will ensure you don't miss China's best dishes. Markets and festivals are listed town by town.
With hundreds of full-color photographs, hand-drawn illustrations, and custom maps that brighten every page, DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: China shows you this diverse country as no one else can.
Fodor's Essential China (Full-color Travel Guide)
Ready to experience China? The experts at Fodors are here to help. Fodors Essential China travel guide is packed with customizable itineraries with top recommendations, detailed maps of China, and exclusive tips from locals. Whether you want to climb the Great Wall, explore the Forbidden City, or discover the Terracotta Warriors, this up-to-date guidebook will help you plan it all out.
This new edition has been FULLY-REDESIGNED with a new layout and beautiful images for more intuitive travel planning!
Fodors Essential China includes:
- AN ULTIMATE EXPERIENCE GUIDE that visually captures the top highlights of China.
- SPECTACULAR COLOR PHOTOS AND FEATURES throughout, including special features on Forbidden City, the Great Wall, Chinese food, the Terracotta Warriors, and Chinese tea.
- INSPIRATIONAL BEST OF LISTS identify the best things to see, do, eat, drink, and more.
- MULTIPLE ITINERARIES for various trip lengths help you maximize your time.
- MORE THAN 60 DETAILED MAPS help you plot your itinerary and navigate confidently.
- BRAND NEW HOTEL AND RESTAURANT REVIEWS in major cities like Beijing, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Chengdu, Xian and Kunming offer options for every taste.
- TRIP PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS: guides to getting around, saving money and time, beating the crowds; basic Chinese language phrases; and a calendar of events.
- LOCAL INSIDER ADVICE tells you where to find under-the-radar gems, along with the best tours.
- HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL OVERVIEWS add perspective and enrich your travels.
- COVERS: Lantau island and Victoria Peak in Hong Kong, The Great Wall of China, the Forbidden City in Beijing, Shanghai Disneyland in Pudong, the Terracotta Warriors in Xian, Chengdu, Sichuan and the Panda Breeding Research Center, Yangtze river cruises, Chongqing and more.
- How to Apply for a Visa: What visa do you need and can you get away with a free transit visa?
- How to Prepare for Your Trip: Do you need vaccines? Should you bring cash or get money another way? What about packing?
- How to Travel Within China: It's not about where to go, it's teaching you how to get there. Guides for trains, planes, taxis and buses!
- How to Stay Connected: Can you use your phone in China? Is China's internet censored and how do you get around that?
- All About the Chinese Language: Can you travel without knowing Chinese? What is the best way to learn before you go?
- All About Staying Healthy: What should you know about Chinese hospitals? Is travel insurance a good thing for China?
- FAQ: The most frequently asked questions about China travel
- Downloadable Packing List: Download and print a packing list that will prepare you for your travels to China!
- Recommended Travel Operators: A listing of the best local travel operators that can give you the most unique local experiences.
- Special Discounts: Get exclusive discounts on the travel services every traveler uses.
- Beijing Shanghai DK Eyewitness Travel Guides
- National Geographic Society
- All about China, especially for kids. Geography, fascinating history, and flags and symbols, as well as Chinese culture, food, and even some useful word in Mandarin.
- Fun, educational, and engaging - Leonardo, your kids' tour guide, will take them on a journey through China and keep them interested with fun facts, juicy information, quizzes, special tasks, coloring pages, and their own travel diary.
- A bonus for parents- As a parent, you are invited to participate in your children's activities or to find an available bench and relax while your kids learn and enjoy.
- A personal book that becomes your children s souvenir of the trip- When you return home, the guidebook and diary will become a memoir of your Chinese vacation that the whole family can treasure for a lifetime.
- Usb power adapter 2a eu
- 2 disc bluray case
- Tommy hilfiger boots
- Turquoise decorations for living room
- Neon signs red dog
- Electric roasters with removable pan
ABOUT FODOR'S AUTHORS: Each Fodor's Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodors has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years.
Planning on visiting Southeast Asia? Check out Fodors Thailand: with Cambodia & Laos, and Fodors Vietnam.
Travel to China: Everything You Need to Know Before You Go
Are you planning to travel to China? Whether you're still weighing the decision or you've already purchased your tickets, this unique China travel handbook is an indispensable resource for any Asia traveler. As the title says, this is everything you need to know before you travel to China - the things that other major travel guides somehow expect you to know.This China Travel Handbook Will Teach You:
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Beijing and Shanghai
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Beijing and Shanghai is your in-depth guide to the very best of these two metropolitan cities.
Take in the major sights, from the breathtaking Great Wall of China to the imperial splendor of the Forbidden City; go on a canal cruise for your chance to contrast the old and new sides of Shanghai; or simply wander the cities' seemingly endless markets.
Discover DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Beijing and ShanghaiDetailed itineraries and "don't-miss" destination highlights at a glance.
Illustrated cutaway 3-D drawings of important sights.
Floor plans and guided visitor information for major museums.
Free color pull-out map (print edition) marked with sights, a selected sight and street index, public transit map, practical information on getting around, and a distance chart for measuring walking distances.
Guided walking tours, local drink and dining specialties to try, things to do, and places to eat, drink, and shop by area.
Area maps marked with sights and restaurants.
Detailed city maps include street finder index for easy navigation.
Insights into history and culture to help you understand the stories behind the sights.
Suggested day trips and itineraries to explore beyond the city.
Hotel and restaurant listings highlight DK Choice special recommendations.
With hundreds of full-color photographs, hand-drawn illustrations, and custom maps that illuminate every page, DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Beijing and Shanghai truly shows you these cities as no one else can.
Recommended: For a pocket guidebook to Beijing, check out DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Top 10 Beijing, which is packed with dozens of top 10 lists, ensuring you make the most of your time in the city.
Series Overview: For more than two decades, DK Eyewitness Travel Guides have helped travelers experience the world through the history, art, architecture, and culture of their destinations. Expert travel writers and researchers provide independent editorial advice, recommendations, and reviews. With guidebooks to hundreds of places around the globe available in print and digital formats, DK Eyewitness Travel Guides show travelers how they can discover more.
DK Eyewitness Travel Guides: the most maps, photographs, and illustrations of any guide.
China Survival Guide: How to Avoid Travel Troubles and Mortifying Mishaps, 3rd Edition
"Like having a professional guide walking alongside you answering your many questions. . . . A must for your next China visit!"Travel Answer Man Online
Compact, affordable, reliable, a delight to readthese qualities are what has made China Survival Guide so popular with first-time and seasoned China travelers. This third edition has a brand new section on train travel, plus updates and fresh recommendations. Includes practical strategies for lodging, walking, haggling, medical and bathroom emergencies, etiquette, crowds, and learning the twin arts of patience and persistence.
Frequent China visitors Larry Herzberg and Qin Herzberg are professors of Chinese language and culture at Calvin College in Michigan.
National Geographic Traveler: China, 4th Edition
China expert Damian Harper covers all the main towns and cities of China, helping travelers negotiate what is probably the fastest changing country on Earth. Travel information and tips for the hot spots of Beijing, Shanghai, and Hong Kong are all extensively updated for this latest edition. The developing Yangtze region and remote areas such as Inner Mongolia and the Silk Road are also extensively covered, including detailed city walks, bike rides, and river cruises, complete with maps and booking information.
The National Geographic Traveler guidebooks are in tune with the ever growing trend toward experiential travel, providing inspiring photography, insider tips, and expert advice for a more authentic, enriching experience of the destination. The guides provide information, historical context, and cultural interpretation not available online.
Insight Guides China (Travel Guide eBook)
The emerging powerhouse of our times, China is a fascinating and complex country, taking in ultra-modern cities, dramatically varied scenery and ancient cultural treasures. This new edition of Insight Guide China is a comprehensive full-colour travel guide to this enigmatic destination, highlighting all the unique sights and experiences to have while you're there.
Inside Insight Guide China:
Lively features by a local writer cover a whole range of subjects: traditional medicine, Chinese literature, Red Tourism, and of course, the country's many cuisines.
Stunning photography brings this intriguing country and its people to life.
Highlights of the country's top attractions, including sights such as the incomparable Great Wall and Terracotta Warriors, the dazzling city of Shanghai and the dreamlike landscapes of Guilin.
Descriptive region-by-region accounts cover the whole country from the evocative capital Beijing and Special Administrative Regions of Hong Kong and Macau to the mountains of Yunnan and Tibet and the spectacular landscapes of Guangxi and Sichuan.
Detailed, high-quality maps throughout will help you get around and travel tips give you all the essential information for planning a memorable trip.
Kids' Travel Guide - China: The fun way to discover China - especially for kids (Kids' Travel Guide series) (Volume 38)
Let your kids discover the wonders of ChinaWhether traveling or learning at home.
NEW RELEASE! Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou ... Weather traveling or learning from home, make sure you have the Kids' Travel Guide - China. A unique travel guide and activity book in one, it's the fun way to discover China!
More fun adventures! The Kids Travel Guide series includes many more destinations: France, Paris, Italy, Rome, Thailand, Bangkok, United Kingdom, London, Australia, Germany, Japan, United States, San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, New York City, and more.
Your kids can discover even more cities and countries around the world with FREE downloadable activities, coloring pages, tips and special offers at www.theflyingkids.com.
>> FlyingKids makes your family travel more fun, enriching, and unforgettable <<
Miller's Antiques Handbook & Price Guide 2018-2019
Miller's Antiques Handbook & Price Guide remains the essential and trusted guide to the antiques market. Completely revised and updated, this guide is the book no dealer, collector or auctioneer should be without. It is compiled by Judith Miller, world-renowned antiques expert and co-founder of the book, who selects the guide's 8,000-plus featured antiques.
The images in the book are changed for every edition to keep the guide up to date with collecting and buying trends. The antiques are shown in full color with detailed descriptions and a current price range. Special "Judith Picks" sections give fascinating background and valuation details for particularly interesting or unusual objects.
Comprehensive sections cover ceramics, furniture, glass, silver and metalwares, jewellery and objets de vertu, clocks and watches, books, Oriental antiques, textiles, toys, decorative arts and Modern classics. Special features explain why one piece is worth more than another, show how to value an item and teach you to be your ownappraiser. Biographies of designers and factories give the background information you need to help date and value objects. Whether you're buying or selling, this is the book you need.